XPay payment gateway
Nexi's latest generation virtual POS is designed for those who, through a website, want to sell goods or services by managing payments online.
Those who choose XPay will have the following benefits:
- Ease of integration.
- Flexibility, management of online payments through the main international circuits.
- Security, thanks to compliance with the security standards defined by international circuits with Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check.
- Transparency, because alongside the traditional paper-based reporting, there is also an online reporting through the Nexi back office.
The electronic payment platform provides customers with a series of payment methods and tools to manage transactions, according to specific needs.
All transmissions of sensitive data involving the merchant, Nexi systems, and the end customer are encrypted using the HTTPS protocol, in line with the security standards imposed by international circuits and the PCI-DSS standard.
Nexi systems are also subjected to periodic and constantly updated safety checks for guarantee protection from any vulnerabilities detected in the standard protocols.
This website aims to serve as a guide for developers, without neglecting the functional aspect.
The first step is to identify which type of integration you want to implement in your ecommerce or in your management system:
- Hosted Payment Page: in this way the customer at the time of payment is redirected to a Nexi checkout page, in which he enters the card data and performs the authentication procedures necessary for payment. Once the transaction is concluded, it returns to the merchant's e-commerce.
- Pay-by-Link: designed for merchants who do not necessarily have an ecommerce site, but need a way to get paid. This solution allows creating payment links to be sent via email, SMS, or through the most popular messaging systems to their customers.
- XPay Build: a solution that allows hosting the payment form within one's own ecommerce, while avoiding the need to handle card data: the fields where this information is entered are contained in iframes linked to the XPay server, ensuring the security of card data and at the same time improving the purchasing experience.
- Server to Server: more structured solutions where sensitive data relating to the transaction (card data) are collected and managed directly by the merchant's servers. PCI DSS certification required (SAQ D).
Once you have chosen the type of payment best suited to your business, you need to check the additional services made available by Nexi, in order to identify any features to be implemented:
- OneClick Payments: this feature allows you to tokenize the customer's card data in order to allow faster subsequent payments.
- Recurring Payments: allows you to tokenize the customer's card data, so that you can make recurrences for services such as subscriptions. li>
- Card verification: it allows for a card verification, without any charge, with the sole purpose of confirming the validity of the card data entered by the customer.
- Omnichannel: this feature aims to enrich the user experience of collection services by offering customers the omnichannel framework, ensuring the ability to manage shopping experiences and multi-channel use cases that allow you to initiate an online payment ( in store) and finish it in store (online):
- Click & Collect: shopping experience that allows the customer to initiate a purchase on an online channel and to finish it at a physical store of the merchant.
- Tokenizzazione da POS: functionality that allows the customer to register their card data via tokenization directly on the physical POS and allowing the merchant to subsequently charge amounts without requiring a card or other data from the customer (recurring payments and OneClick).
- Multi-currency payments: XPay allows you to operate in 30 countries and settle payments in 12 currencies:
- Multi Currency: with the Multi Currency service it is possible to manage the currency with which to display prices and accept payments.
- DCC: allows customers of international Visa and Mastercard credit cards to make purchases in their own currency, with a guaranteed exchange rate at the time of payment.
Plugin for CMS
Before proceeding with the integration of the solutions using the technical specifications, check the section dedicated to plugins: Nexi provides payment modules for the main ecommmerce CMS such as Prestashop, Magento, Woocommerce, etc ... These modules allow you to avoid the development of integrations and to start with a solution ready for the test phase.
The plugins do not implement all the integration methods, but focus mainly on the payment method through the Hosted Payment Page, for more information about compatible services, see the pages dedicated to CMS.
Disputeless is a value-added service dedicated to reservations (Hotels, Restaurants and Travel Agencies) that can be managed with the XPay Gateway.
Compliant with all safety regulations in force, the "Disputeless" service allows you to simplify remote bookings through all payment instruments accepted by the merchant, making them more defensible in the event of a dispute.
A Software Development Kit is a suite of tools that can be used to create programs and applications in a simpler and more immediate way. Nexi makes these tools available to help programmers develop solutions starting from a ready-made base. Check the available programming languages in the dedicated section.
During the implementation phase of the integrations, as well as in the plugin tests, a test area is made available, with the necessary data to run calls to XPay and payment cards to simulate purchases.
It is always recommended to run tests before going into production. Also, for plugins, Nexi invites you to carry out payment tests to verify that there are no problems with the notifications sent by Nexi servers, which could be filtered by firewalls or other systems, and to verify that there are no incompatibilities with third-party plugins installed in the CMS.
At this stage, in case of integration difficulties or errors returned by the plugins, please refer to the support contacts at the bottom left.