The service allows you to obtain a payment link, to be sent via email or chat to the customer in order to perform a transaction. By clicking on the link, the customer is redirected to the XPay checkout page, from which he can choose to pay by payment card or alternative methods.
The link generated is unique per transaction, it will not be possible to send the same link to multiple customers.
This section presents the generation of Pay-by-Link links via API, but it is also possible to generate them via the XPay back office.
- Merchant server requests payment link via API call POST /orders/paybylink.
- The payment gateway returns the Pay-by-Link address and the token needed to validate calls with the gateway ("securityToken" parameter).
- The merchant's server sends the payment link to the customer.
- The customer clicks on the payment link.
- The customer is directed to the checkout page and enters the card details.
- The payment gateway redirects the customer to the authentication page of their card issuer.
- The customer proceeds with 3D Secure authentication.
- The authorization system returns the authentication result to the gateway.
- The customer is redirected to the gateway.
- The customer views the gateway transaction result page.
The following APIs are made available for the Pay-by-Link service: